Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Running Group or Not?

Today I left the house at 7 a.m. and returned home at 5 p.m..  I feel I work full-time, but I technically work only part-time.  Anyway, I was glad to be home and see my children, but today is Wednesday--running group.  Running group meets Monday and Wednesday nights (my goal is to attend one of those) and Saturday mornings.  The thought of leaving the house for another two hours to run in the dark was very unappealing.  (The two inches of rain and 35 degrees was Monday's excuse not to go).  Once I am at running group, however, I find it very motivating. 
I reluctantly laced up my shoes to try and run a quick three miles at home.  There is really nothing quick about me.  No intentions of ever being that Boston qualifier; however, I logged in miles tonight when I really didn't want to exercise.  I ran three miles, ate dinner, soaked in a hot bath, and am now so tired that I may head to bed the moment the clock hits nine!

No comments:

Post a Comment