Sunday, May 29, 2011

To Marathon Or Not to Marathon

I had a goal of running four marathons before I turned forty.  I ran marathons at the age of 36, 37, 38, and 39.  Last year I ran very little.  This year I'm feeling the itch again.  I've followed Hal Higdon's Novice training program (I am pretty slow and not willing to invest the time/effort to be faster) for each.  It's an 18 week program--last week was 18 weeks until the Air Force Marathon--which is approximately a thirty minute drive from my house.
To complicate matters, that marathon is over 80% full--with the discounted price to end on June first.  $75 is a bunch of money to put on a race I may or may not run.  Or . . . could that money be another motivator to get my running shoes laced?  To marathon or not to marathon--that is the question!

No comments:

Post a Comment