Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Mom of the Year

My Mom-of-the-Year nomination story.   My daughter is now ready to get her driver's permit (she could have gotten it in July, but was not ready).  We got up early (first day of T-giving break!) to be there when it opened.  I got all the necessary documents and more . . . just in case.  I had both of our social security cards, our tax returns, our insurance cards, our mortage papers, her school id, an envelope sent to her at our address, and her birth certificate.  Or so I thought it was her birth certificate.  After the 35 min. drive to the place and ten minutes standing in the wrong line, we finally were where we needed to be.

The lady looked at our birth certificate--you know, that piece of paper we needed to get her registered in TWO different school districts, that we needed for taxes (I believe) at some point, and that we needed for life insurance policies.  Well, who knew the little foot print thing with a seal is not a legal document?  We had three kids in three different states--and the last one they told us we needed to do some extra "stuff" that we found weird.  I thought our poor children had two fairly intelligent parents with SOME common sense--now I wonder!

Long story shorter--two wasted hours, tears of disappointment, and paperwork to get into the mail so we can try again when the REAL birth certificate comes in.  Aaaahhhhgggggg!  Even then, it is ANOTHER six months before we can get the real liscense!  I'm going to be a taxi driver to my children forever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment