Saturday, September 4, 2010

So Close, But . . .

Approximately two and a half years ago I gave my husband a "two-year-warning" about purchasing a new washing maching.  Our refurbished machine that came with our first home when we purchased it in 1998.  It is small--and I do an obscene number of loads for our family of five.  Trust me--I am not one to allow everyone to get a new towel each time they shower.  The machine is small.  The other problem is that I hate waste, and I cannot justify getting a new machine until the old one has died.  Today was the day!
I was resting upstairs (little stomach bug--ick!) and could hear the machine start then stop, start then stop, start then stop . . .  I finally got up to see what was going on.  I was greeted by my oldest who smiled and said, "Dad told me to tell you the wash machine died."  For a brief moment I could hear one of those new energy-efficient, high capacity washers calling my name.  Dad was standing by the washer getting ready to get those car keys for a trip to Home Depot.  I looked in the machine and saw a bunch of clothing on one side and nothing on the other.  It was just unbalanced.  Bummer!

Had a just been dishonest with my husband, I'd be waiting by the door for the delivery of my new washer.  He never would have known the difference.  Is honesty really the best policy?!?!?!?  Ha! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment