Monday, September 27, 2010

Running Again

I think one of my last posts (which was quite a while ago), I felt like I was finally getting into shape.  Then came the beginning of school--gone.  This was the first autumn in four years I didn't run a marathon.  In fact, I'm not even sure if I've logged more than ten miles in the past month.
I've started up . . . AGAIN!  (I'm now understanding people and their diets).  I'm hoping to get in decent enough shape to run a five miler on Thanksgiving day.  I then can come home and begin what I refer to as the three month eating fest.  It starts Thanksgiving Day and, in theory, ends when Lent begins.  I am blessed that I haven't put on much weight, but turning the big four-oh this year combined with the obesity gene in our family . . . I need to take care of me.  (At least occasionally).

No comments:

Post a Comment