Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Husband's New Job

My husband has been a work-aholic since we graduated from grad school in '94.  Since the children have gotten older, he has been somewhat reformed:  mostly 5-day work weeks, 10 hour days, but LOTS of travel.  Long story shorter--last February he had a job-loss scare and started looking for a new job.  He started about a month ago at a local, private college.  The "typical" workweek hours are from 8:30 to 4:30.  It's been weird having him around--and he has so much more energy.

The other night we had to run to the store.  We ate supper, went to the store, and were home by 6:30!  That was the time we STARTED dinner many nights.  We're still in the honeymoon phase of this new job, but I think it will be wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going through the same thing with my current job and I love it!

    ReplyDelete