Friday, November 19, 2010

What Kind of Dancer?

I teach pre-kindergarten at a Catholic school.  Love, love, love my job.  The children never cease to amaze and amuse me.  Today was no exception.
I had a little boy bring me a sticker to wear.  He was very adamant about where on my shirt I should place it . . . immediately.  "Oh *Johnny*! How cute!  Thank you!"  I told him. 

He replied, "It's a pole dancer." 

Now *Johnny* has some typical pre-k speech issues.  I responded, "I'm sorry honey.  I couldn't hear you."  I was really hoping I heard wrong.

"It's a pole dancer."

"*Johnny*, I think you mean HULA dancer."

"Oh!  Yeah."  Glad we cleared this issue up before he went home.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! That's like when I said 'Regina' out loud for the first time. Except peers meanly corrected me - not a thoughtful adult.

    ReplyDelete