Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Maxiumum Capacity

Approximately four times a year I have one of those periods of time where I am running at maxiumum capacity, and just teetering on going over the edge.  Usually around Christmas time, the end of the school year, mid-February (sports and school reasons), and the first week of school.  I'd like to add the week before Thanksgiving this year.  I was a little overinvolved in projects for others, have parent/teacher conferences to conduct, and have to attend five conferences for my own children.  There was other miscellaneous "stuff" we all have, too.  I was wiped out after school, and then got a call from my mother-in-law.
While I was talking with her, call-waiting beeped in twice (I didn't click over) and the doorbell rang.  I told my mother-in-law just a second while I answered the door.  It was the neighbor returning some spice he borrowed.  I stood and talked to him for about ten minutes.  I did not remember that my mother-in-law was on the other end of the phone until after I closed the door and started to put the spice away.  I WAS HOLDING THE PHONE THE ENTIRE TIME!  She got a good chuckle out of it.  Thank goodness I wasn't cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment