Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Night Surprise

This week the kindergarten class hosted a "Mother's Night."  This time is designed for kindergarten mommies and their child(ren) to spend some quality time with homemade "gifts" (including a beautiful necklace and coffee filter hat), artwork (portrait of mommy and some guesses to mommy's age, weight, special talents, etc.), prayer, dessert, and a mini-concert.  My son, who is normally pretty quiet, sang a solo . . . TO ME . . . in front of about 150 people.  A couple other children sang the same part of this song.  I was sitting in a row with several women in the same "demographic" group as me--blubbering, 40-&-olders who think their children are their entire world.  Below is the link to my precious son's solo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YP0bcDxGXY
My daughter's were there to help out (service hours), and they also thought their brother was the sweetest thing . . . until the mini-sparring began in the carride home.  Well--all good things must come to an end sometime.  God has blessed me with the three best kids in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment