Monday, June 28, 2010

More on Love

My oldest daughter is thirteen--and has all the "typical" teenage characteristics.  They seem major to me, but then I witness exchanges with other teens and their parents--she is a milder version of normal.  (Thank goodness!).  The "good night" rituals at our house used to include me tucking the children into bed and saying prayers goodnight.  Now, I get a mumbled "good night" and a 1/2 hug. 
Last night we all retired early since we are recovering from vacation.  My daughter did the mumble and 1/2 hug, then proceded over to the dog and loved on her and gave her a kiss on the head.  "Wait a minute!" I hollered at her.  "I'm your mom and I barely got a hug!  The dog gets affection and a kiss!?!?!"  Of course this brought laughter, but I did get a REAL goodnight hug.  She does still love us . . . almost as much as the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment