Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sign of Summer

I posted on my Facebook page that a sign of summer would be to read (uninterrupted) five consecutive pages in a book.  School was out on Friday (a week ago), and I've read the same two pages in the same novel about 100 times. 

I'm running my kids everywhere.  I did, however, do two things for me.  One, I went to my church's prayer shawl ministry without my kids; I hadn't done that in over a year.  (Pictures of two quilts were in a previous post).  Second, I left my comfort zone of running alone and joined up with a group at a local running store.  Did not know one person, but runners tend to be a very friendly group.  Several people helped me to find the right people to make me feel comfortable.  My goals to reach before Monday--connect with the running group which reconviens on Saturday mornings, sew something . . . anything, and read my five consecutive pages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment