Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Lincoln Museum

My parents and my husband's family live about 250 miles apart.  One way to drive between the two goes right through Springfield, IL.  I grew up reading a bunch about our 16th president; the Springfield area is the place to visit for such interests.  A museum has been built in recent years, but we are always in a hurry to get from one grandparent to the other.  We have never stoppped.  Since my kids were staying with the Peoria family for a week--I used this opportunity to drive down to this much-touted museum:  http://www.alplm.com/education/home.html .
It was one of the most amazing places I've visited!  I could ramble on and on about the place, but for simplicity's sake--just visit it.  My father, daughters (12 & 13), son (6), and I all found elements we enjoyed.  The volunteers were top-notch.  It was spotless.  It was busy, but the ambiance was one of total respect--particularly in specific areas of the museum.  I read a free Kindle downloaded book about the president on our way to Illinois.  Now I cannot wait to read a quality book about him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment