Thursday, July 1, 2010

Butterfly House

Yesterday I took my youngest to the butterfly house at the nearby Dayton metro park:
http://www.metroparks.org/Parks/CoxArboretum/ButterflyHouse.aspx?id=banner

There were ten times the butterflies than last year.  Many of them flitted about our heads.  I always learn something every time we go; I hope my children do, too.  I learned that when the park is nearly empty, you can actually hear the caterpillars munching on the leaves.  I'll file this fact with the other useless trivia cluttering my brain.
The above caterpillar fascinates me.  They are so colorful, vibrant, and unusually shaped, they don't seem real.  My youngest likes them, too.  He, however, was more interested in the fruit gushers in the car that his friend had brought for them to eat when we were done. 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like such a neat place to go! My 5-year-old would have loved it because they studied butterflies in his class last year.

    ReplyDelete