Thursday, March 1, 2012

Missed Bus & the One I Couldn't Escape

I always make sure my kids are at the bus stop BEFORE the required time--today was no exception.  I monitor them while they are waiting (nice warm March 1st morning--wierd), and thought I heard the bus stop about a block before its normal position.  Sure enough, I went to the front door and watched the bus zoom past my children.  Must be a substitute driver. 
I told them to wait a few more minutes while I got dressed to take them to school--just in case the bus circled back.  It didn't.  My husband took my daughter to her campus.  I, with my bead-head and all, took my son to his campus. 
After dropping off my son, I got back on the main road to head back home to a shower.  I was in the left lane and noticed children waving crazily from the bus in the right lane--they were my own students who I will see later in the day.  I passed the bus--whew!  I could stop waving.  Then stoplight.  Bus passed me.  More waving.  Stoplight.  This continued for about ten akward minutes.  Too bad I gave up any food not fixed in my home for Lent or Tim Horton could have saved me.  I'm sure I will hear about this later in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment