Friday, August 6, 2010

New Tool

I received some upsetting news this week (regular "life" stuff), and I did something I don't do often.  I wanted to shop for something to make me feel better.  I purchased a big girl quilt tool--a tiny iron.  My oldest daughter informed me that it was the smallest iron she has ever seen.  Well . . . that's the point. 
I'm making two Mod Sampler quilts for my daughters (pattern and great directions at http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2009/04/finished-mod-sampler-quilts.html ) It recommends that I press all seams open.  Never done that before, but I wanted to complete the quilts as directed. I should have bought one of these tools years ago!  I don't anticipate burning the tips of my fingers as much as trying to manipulate a regular iron in these small fabric areas.  It's the little things that get me excited.  I guess that is a sign that I lead a good life!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that you had a rough week. ::big hugs::

    That iron is absolutely adorable, though.

    ReplyDelete