Saturday, June 9, 2012

A New Low

Since October, I have put on ten pounds.  Fortunately, I have a thinner frame; however, I'm more disgusted at how out of shape I am--of which the weight is only a symptom.  I'm trying to recommit (AGAIN!) to a regular exercise routine.  Yesterday, I went for a walk (with a few running minutes) on a three mile loop.  I, for the first time in my life, could feel my belly bobbing up and down.  Eeeewww!

My sister (who will be going to the Biggest Loser Ranch in a week) is trying to make some serious lifestyle changes (she reports wanting to lose 75 lbs.).  Perhaps I can show my support for her by eating better and exercising more--we both win.  Having the same genetic make-up, I cannot let this current weight gain become a trend.  Let's hope my last three mile loop before the end of summer is jelly-belly free!

No comments:

Post a Comment