Sunday, February 7, 2010

More Science Project Drama

The infamous science project is due on Monday.  The first day of Christmas break I told my daughter that she needed to spend 1.5 hours on it during the next two weeks.  She CLAIMS she spent 30 min., but I'm not sure.  Fast forward six weeks.
The girls were told that during volleyball season (which has now started) that I would not be driving them to sleepovers nor would we be hosting.  Friday's volleyball practice was cancelled because the weather was supposed to get bad, so I let my oldest spend the night at a friends.  "I promise I'll work on my science project right when I get home."

I picked her up at 11:00.  At 4:00 she was in my bedroom crying that she didn't want to do her project.  As mixed up as I think her written report is, she followed the teacher's instructions.  Each piece has already been written, turned in, and evaluated by the teacher.  In short--she has to decorate the tri-fold board.  Really!?!?  Tears over decorating when you've completed the difficult part?!?!?.  Being such a fabulous mom, I reminded her of what I had requested the first day of Christmas break, and how I had also predicted the weekend before she'd be crying over the project.  I'm sure that helped alleviate the stress of the project.  Now that I think of it, I must be clairvoyant.

No comments:

Post a Comment