Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Dreaded Science Project


The dreaded science project's due date is looming closer.  My husband and I (well . . . really I'm the only one who monitors) have the belief that as long as our kids are making A's & B's, we don't micro-manage their homework.  The instant a "C" pops up, we (well . . . really I'm the only one who steps in) start closely monitoring everything.  This philosophy brings me back to the science project.

I told my seventh grader BEFORE Christmas break even started that she was required to work one hour on her science project.  I know--mean mom.  She needed to spend sixty minutes during her two week break to make our lives easier down the line.  Guess what?!?!?  She did only an hour . . . and that was because I nagged.

to finish later

No comments:

Post a Comment