Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jeff Gallooly? What's the art teacher's name?

Last night my husband and I had the opportunity to go out.  Now that our girls are in 6th and 7th grade, we are able to go out more.  This is the first time we've left them at night for so long; however, we were less than 1.5 miles away.  Anyway . . .

We went to a fundraiser at a church.  It was Trivia Night--bring your own food and beverages.  Being an "average" mom, I bought some humus, pita chips, and chocolate Chex mix.  There were people walking in with coolers, multiple bottles of wine, crock pots.  One person had so much that they required a WAGON to carry it all in.  Nonetheless, we had a great time with people we never met before (my friend who organized the event was stuck at home w/ her sick kids).


Fortunately I was able to pull my weight; it was my husband who frightened me.  First of all, my very intelligent husband probably could not tell you what our children's art teacher is named, but he is pretty good with celebrity  I was a little nervous when he got not one, but TWO questions correct involving country music singers (sorry--I really don't like country music).  However, I was very frightened when he was able to name Tonya Harding's boyfriend who was part of that conspiracy to take out Nancy Kerrigan.  Jeff Gillooly . . . in case you were wondering.

BTW--guess where our team finished.  You guessed it--right in the middle!  Being average is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment