Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day!

My day started with a 5:30 a.m. phone call saying there would be a two-hour delay for school; it turns out to be a complete snow day.  Snow days are always the best because you don't have anything planned.  Everything you do is a bonus.  And if you do nothing, nothing is lost.

The kids went outside twice today.  It was utter joy to watch all three of them (and the dog) frolicking and laughing in the snow.  They were just so happy.  I was content to watch from the window with my hot coffee and warm heart!  I know these days are becoming more numbered, so I just watched and relished the moment.

We utilized the day off to pick up the girls' glasses.  The oldest wore glasses a couple years ago; the younger has never had them.  All day long they have been making fun of me for just smiling at them.  They look so much older with the glasses on.  I didn't tell them, but the sibling resemble is enhanced with these new accessories. 

Today is one of those days that I could not imagine NOT being a mom.  Let's see what the weekend has in store . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment