Thursday, January 14, 2010

Floor Fight Continues


So I got the floors cleaned up.  At 9:00 Monday night I hear my husband yell, "Uh honey.  You're needed up here."  Came flying up the stairs to find my younger daughter with vomit all over her face and clothes.  Went in her room to find dad all mad because she didn't make this mess on the easy-to-clean tile floor.  She hit her bed, (all sheets, dust ruffle, two blankets, and comforter), the robe she threw on the floor earlier, the cream-colored carpet, etc.  It was one of those panicky "Where-do-I-begin?!?!" moments.  I spent the next two hours cleaning up.  I started a load of laundry, went up to hand-scrub what I could, and then carpet-shampooed the floor.  I did four loads of laundry to "rinse" everything, with a rewash planned in the morning.  I was really tired and just wanted to sleep; however, that little voice kept saying, "Do it tonight!  You'll regret it if you don't."  At about eleven I took a shower and fell asleep immediately. 

At midnight, it was my turn.  THANK GOODNESS I didn't wait until morning, because I couldn't sit upright for the next 24 hours.  I was so sick.  Another big THANK GOODNESS it was just a 24 hour bug.

This weekend's project--to clean the floors.  Have they ever been done?  I'm just looking for average cleanliness--really.

No comments:

Post a Comment