Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Eyeore Takes a Stance

I took my three children to the mall today to find outfits for Easter and their cousin's first communion.  Two years ago we did the same thing, and my then 5th grader was in tears (w/ the 4th grader not far behind) because she didn't want to wear a dress.  I took a deep breath, and off we went w/ a verbal "You WILL wear a dress to Easter mass and your cousin's communion."  We walked into the first store, and they each found a dress they liked and that fit.  That easy?!?!?
So I take my normally very passive son over to find a tie and dress shirt.  (His personality can best be described as "Eyeore."  Those who know him agree).  He informed me very matter-of-factly that he was NOT wearing a tie.  OK.  So we left.  It cracked me up that he actually asserted his opinion for the first time in his six years.

No comments:

Post a Comment