Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm Losing It

There are days that I think I am just plain losing it--I suspect most average parents hit this point.  Today is one of those days--but this has been going on for about a week now.  I cannot hold a thought.  I cannot complete a task without getting sidetracked.  I cannot keep up with the schedule.  I'm just losing it.

Here's a specific example.  I was bringing my daughter home from volleyball last week.  I was beat, but the low fuel light came on in the van.  It would be more convenient to stop that night versus the next morning.  I just needed $25 in gas.  The pump kept running, and running, and running.  I knew I was tired because it seemed to be taking twice as long as it should.  Suddenly at 25--the pump kicked off.  Wierd.

I looked again--I did not pump $25 in gas.  I pumped 25 GALLONS--or over $60 in gas!  Oh well--at least I won't have to stop to fill-up during the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment