Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Snack Time for Family Dog

My husband was gone for two weeks, home for two days, and gone for another week.  At the beginning of this travel stint, I purchased a 1,000 pc. puzzle for us to do at night (vs. watching television).  Normally, I find jigsaw puzzles relaxing.  I was getting close to done, and moved to the final stage of puzzle assemby.  I turned all of the pieces facing up, sorted, and organized these pieces in small rows.  See photo below.  After my husband got home, I noticed several of a particular kind of piece were missing.  I initially thought my husband took a small handful just to stir things up a little.

 
Much to my surprise, my dog has been snacking on pieces--presumably one at a time since she did not mess up my lines.  The kids and I have caught her holding these pieces in her mouth about a half dozen times in the past 24 hours.  The picture on the right is the "completed" puzzle.  Obviously she had been snacking much more than I suspected--about fifty pieces worth.  Wonder about the calories?

No comments:

Post a Comment