Saturday, March 13, 2010

First time in 13 years

Yesterday I picked up a cross stitch project I started BEFORE my thirteen-year-old was born.  I was rediscovering some UFOs.  I remember buying the pattern in a wonderful cross stitch shop when we lived in Terre Haute, IN.  It's a profile picture of St. Nicholast in 32 ct. linen.  I didn't know if I would remember how to stitch it.

It took a while for me to adjust my eyes (which I've noticed that potential bi-focal thing that happens around forty years of age--ssshhhhh!).  I forgot how much of it was not the eyes, but the feel.  The above picture is after I worked on it for an hour yesterday.  I'll try posting my MAJOR progess (trying to be optimistic) since my husband will be out of town the next two weeks.  I will just be sitting around crafting and creating along with single-parent duty of six volleyball games, eight practices, two special events, church, tutoring, teaching, painting a bedroom, and other mothering duties.  I'm sure I'll have PLENTY of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment